Grammie's Blog

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Eastbrook Cherry Crunch

The recipe I'm sharing today is quick, easy and absolutely delicious. Its the kind of recipe that you can throw together for unexpected company or double up to take to a pot luck dinner. It only takes a few minutes to prepare and goes equally well at a backyard picnic or a fancy dinner party. It is good served warm or cold, topped with whipped cream, French vanilla ice cream or even Cool Whip.



EASTBROOK CHERRY CRUNCH

1 can Ruby Red Cherry Pie Filling
1/2 package yellow cake mix
1 stick of margerine, melted

Pour the pie filling into a 9" square baking dish (or larger if doubling recipe)
Spread the dry cake mix over the cherries.
Sprinkle the melted butter evenly over the cake mix.
Bake at 400 degrees, uncovered until brown and crusty, 30 - 45 minutes.

Grammie :: 7:34 PM ::

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

I remember this recipe from my mother's Forum Feasts recipe collection. I have used it many, many times and it is my adult son's favorite dessert. It is the fastest, easiest thing to make, a great last minute recipe, so I keep the ingredients on my pantry shelf. It is also good with blueberry or apple pie fllings...probably any pie filling! It is very sweet, so I offer vanilla ice cream or whipped cream as an add-on.
Thanks so much for your post!

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

---------------oOo---------------